A leading paediatrician has warned of the dangers of lithium batteries after two children swallowed them and died.
Dr Kate Parkins said, in the last 18 months, another five children in Greater Manchester have also suffered life-changing injuries as a result.
She said the button-shaped batteries “look like sweets” to children but can cause severe internal bleeding which medics struggle to treat.
Lithium batteries are found in items such as toys, keys and smartphones.
Read the article on the BBC news website: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-29610570